Saturday, February 22, 2014

Play Ball

  It's that time of year!!!  Baseball woohoo, we love watching our 16 year old grandson play.  I also thought of my daughter in-law Jessica, she is the most dedicated "Baseball Mom" I know.  She is always there for every game and wearing the outfits to boot.  Just love her. This card opened my eyes to just what you could attempt as a newbie to card making.  
Play Ball !!

I will try to explain products I used to make this card for you so bare with me here.  The paper's are from the Reflections line.  The baseball I made from regular white card stock and hand drew the stitches and distressed it with Ranger's Distress Inks in Antique linen and vintage photo.  I used a collections of  Red Heart Yarn's tied around the middle and attached to the wire star.   The letter's were a collaboration of tags and my trusty art work.  I used a clip bar with the words "Fun in the Sun" painted on the front to hold the letters "PLAY".  I then coiled some 20 gauge wire to hold the letter for the word Ball.  I then attached the coiled wire with Baseball brads from Recollections.

Play Ball
Inside top and bottom

I lined the inside of the card with a mixture of the papers used on the front.  The puffy baseball sticker is from the Recollections line.  The tag and words are from Paper wishes.  Thanks for viewing my creation and let me know what you think.  Remember still a newbie and any advice is just another branch on my tree of knowledge.  So help me branch out.  Have a wonderful day of crafting until next time.

8 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, gr8t job with the inside too! Thanks for joining FFC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! I absolutely love the coiled wire and the detail on the baseball! The inside looks fabulous too! Thanks so much for joining our sketch challenge this week at Jo's FFC!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Bobbie, I wouldn't have know this card was made by a newbie!! This card is fabulous!! I love your take on the sketch, those fibers are amazing, love, love that baseball and those fun letters too! Then to make this card have a pop out on the inside, well this is just plain amazing!! You go girlfriend!! I have no advice for you as this is truly an amazing card! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. Your card certainly doesn't look like a 'newbie'. You have some great details on this one, papers that worked great with your baseball (which is fabulous & I loved the stitching). This is just so cute on the front with all the baseball embellies, and your inside is just as detailed as the front! TFS & playing along with the FFC #38. Keep on with what you're doing. I've added your link to my blog shoutout! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would offer one suggestion: turn off word verification. Took me several times to leave a comment, and sometimes that can discourage commenters. You can leave on comment moderation and that will allow you to control what is published. Just a suggestion...hope it will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary and thank you for your suggestion. Being new and needed help in the first place setting this up I sure hope I fixed what you were talking about dear. Thanks so very much for the input on my card. I'm really enjoying this. Hopefully will be able to get involved in more as the days roll by.

      Delete
  6. Great job on the card for a newbie looks like your taking cardmaking pretty fast:) Love the baseball theme with this sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would never know you are a newbie. Great job. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete